From tackling the first business strategy decisions to finding ways to build and manage customer relationships, BetConstruct’s Parandzem Avagyan delivers a step-by-step guide to setting up a successful online casino.
Online casinos have grown beyond a ‘buzzword’ to become a popular, yet niche, market. In the UK this year, remote casino gaming climbed the ranks to become the third most popular type of gambling.
The increase in the UK online casino market is reflected in the total figures, from operating licences obtained to the number of active customers. Casino games are not only popular in the UK; they have rushed into all areas where 3G and 4G networks are available.
The remarkable increase worldwide can be explained firstly by the fact that many casino games lend themselves well to ‘on the go’ gaming. Secondly, the market is driven by the advance of top-notch online casino software that has reached an impressive point in terms of graphics and number of games offered.
If you are thinking of starting your own online casino business, you will have to map out your strategies, from choosing a software provider to running promotional campaigns. At BetConstruct, these are an essential support activity extended to partners using their casino software solution.
Find the best online casino software for starting a gambling business
Before you buy casino software and start integrating games, you should take the take time to examine exactly what you are looking for in a partnership with a provider and what features and functionality you are seeking for your casino website.
The software will be the backbone of your success. When choosing a provider you have two options: you can either opt for a turnkey solution obtaining yourself the licences required or use a white label option and focus on marketing.
In either case, make sure your casino provider gives you:
- Powerful back office tools – Back office tools determine how easily you will be able to keep track of tasks, marketing, payment services and business practices. This applies to game integration as well. A good back office tool allows you to understand player behaviour and accordingly structure your casino site to improve user experience.
- Multi-channel solution – Most players enjoy the freedom to play online casino games on tablet, mobile and/or desktop, anytime, anywhere. A multi-channel solution increases your players’ loyalty and LTV (life-time value). Your players will appreciate the freedom of choice to play through any platform possible.
- Impressive games portfolio – A prudent provider will offer you diverse game categories. A more prudent one will also include games from top third-party gaming companies like NetEnt, Microgaming, Evolution Gaming and more. New game releases should be available through your provider and easily integrated into you casino platform.
- User friendly interface – A ‘customer first’ focused user interface (UI) is a must for online casinos. Your players should be provided with clear and trustworthy information while playing on the casino website. A well-planned and effective UI can be the difference between a good casino and a great one.
- Good communications with your provider – Your software provider must understand that you work tirelessly to grow your business and that any delay may affect your operations. Support for both the business and your customers is a vital element to ensuring satisfaction and prolonging the lifespan of your customers. The gambling industry even has awards to recognise excellence, and in BetConstruct’s case: the company received the EGR Award for Best Customer Service for two years running.
Obtain a gambling licence or use white-label software
Depending on your business model, you will either have to apply for an operating licence or your casino will legally operate under the gaming licence held by your software provider. So the first step should be to choose the jurisdiction/s you want to operate in the market/s you want to focus on.
The more highly reputable licences and legal consulting the provider will offer you, the more independently you will be able to run your business.
Integrate casino games from top third-party providers
Games are what will attract people to your casino, and you should consider that as one of the main factors in deciding which provider to choose.
It is essential that you be clear about the content, focus on new releases, diversify your offerings and require third-party games integration. The landing page should display such essential elements as promotions, latest news and winner list.
Knowing the market and diversifying based on your knowledge will earn you a loyal following.
In Scandinavia, for instance, people prefer playing on mobile, and that’s why you should pay attention to mobile device graphics.
In Africa, internet connections are slow (or very expensive) and there is poor access to devices, so choosing video slots that have a low graphics option will help. In Latin America a great number of people prefer slots and table games.
Whatever you choose to include in your casino portfolio, make sure the content is of high quality. Trusted and popular game providers are essential to building a strong brand.
Another possible solution is to integrate a live-dealer casino. Live casino games, which have become a must-have offering at any online casino, are a fantastic tool to create an atmosphere similar to what a player would feel in a ‘brick and mortar’ casino.
Get the right payment systems on your casino
The next decision you should make is the integration of payment systems.
Offering your players as many payment options as possible is the best way to retain them. More freedom of choice is what they seek to have when depositing money.
If a player doesn’t find the option that suits them the customer is lost. Nowadays PayPal is probably the most accepted e-wallet provider but the number of people preferring Neteller and Skrill and other payment providers is increasing day by day.
Apart from payment systems, you should provide your players any type of currency they want to wager, be it the more popular currencies like the Euro or US dollar or more region specific currencies such as the West African CFA Franc or Argentinian Peso.
Promote your online casino with the help of your gaming software provider
Depending on the software provider you choose to work with, you have to tailor your marketing strategies. Ideally, your provider will offer you a fully featured Customer Relationship Management (CRM) system, a Bonus System, Affiliate Marketing solutions and banner management upon request.
These tools will assist you with the processes of player acquisition, retention and reactivation. Full integration of these tools with your casino is another key aspect you should look for.
Affiliate Marketing Software is an excellent tool for promoting your online casino because the best affiliates understand the market and know how to recruit players. Advanced software helps you take advantage of their knowledge and skills.
In an earlier post, we defined that an effective CRM solution helps operators make data-driven decisions. Your decisions and way of reaching out to your players define the way you treat them and your business: are players only money for you, or do you want to create a casino platform where they can spend quality recreational time?
Building trust with your customers is a key concern for online sportsbooks and casinos, you should make communication more human and build relationships with them.
It is essential that you focus on turning your website’s visitors into loyal players through unique and honest content. Integrity and powerful technologies paired with a diversified games portfolio will create a win-win situation for your players and business.
For more BetConstruct insights on betting and iGaming, check out the following blog posts: